In 1907-08 to celebrate Tonopah's new found prosperity, Geo. Wingfield, Geo. Nixon, Bob Govan and the Brougher brothers collaborated to erect "the best hotel in Nevada." 1931 saw legalized gambling returned and a small casino was opened. 1956 new owners, the Shorts, spent 50,000.00 dollars on a newly enlarged casino and cocktail lounge. In 1976 Frank Scott, Pres. of the Scott Corp of Las Vegas purchased the property. Not too long after, renovation was started a a "labor of love." February 1980 a grand reopening was held with Governor Robert List officiating at the ribbon cutting.
An Elegant Retreat Into Nevada's Past
Dedicated August 23, 5985 by the
Snow-Shoe Thomson chapter No 1827
E Clampus Vitus